Sunday 27 May 2012

Day 32: Schubert – a selection of Lieder


Day 32: Schubert – a selection of Lieder.
Picture will follow. 
The selection I listened to was very short! Gretchen Am Spinrade (aka Margaret at the Spinning Wheel) and Die Junge Nonne (aka the Young Nun)! The former was a piece I learned and performed as an audition piece when I joined the Loughborough Amateur Operatic Society way back in the early ‘80s (still going strong – LAOS, not my singing!): Curiously, my daughter is now going out with the grandson of the chap I had to sing for! I’m not sure where my love of Schubert songs came from; it was possibly from my A level studies, or maybe from university, as one of our courses was vocal music.

The performer here was mezzo-soprano Tamara Takacs, with Jeno Jando at the piano, and was recorded at the Reformed Church in Budapest. Surprisingly good voice actually; like a lot of people, I imagine, I can just here Kathleen Ferrier singing these.



No comments:

Post a Comment