Sunday 22 April 2012

Welcome to Record Music!

Just lately, OH and I have been to a number of independent record stores and have had such pleasure rifling through racks and racks of secondhand CDs! Inevitably, this has led to the exchanging of money, and we have come home the proud owners of a varying collection of "new" music!

Trouble came, however, when we tried to fit our new purchases into our custom-made-to-fit-in-the-alcove CD shelves, for they were already full to bursting point! That set me off thinking: "I really should re-arrange this messy-looking collection, and re-shelve those mis-shelved ones, then perhaps I might find the ones that I've been missing for years!" which, as you can imagine, rather turned into a Chandler moment, not to mention, a classifier's nightmare!

Then, of course, I began to look more closely at individual CDs in the collection and think: "Gosh, it's a long time since I've listened to that!" Of course, there are one-hundred-and-one reasons why I haven't listened to much music over the last few years, not least because of lack of time. And so, this project was born!

Call me sad, but I have noticed some friends doing the blipfoto thing where they take a picture each day and upload it to an online diary, and thought maybe I could do a similar thing and record my daily life through music! Of course, blipfoto is a big site and has loads of members: My online diary is going to be just me, unless I can find friends to join in and somehow link all the blogs together ...

I would hope to include a little bit about the music, but this will vary according to how busy I am! I had thought I might embed a youtube rendition if I could find one, but am too cautious and, being sure that there are many things on youtube that really shouldn't be there, I am reluctant to do this. I'm also not sure if it's ok to add photos of CDs; hopefully I'm not breaching any copyright laws, as I've decided I will add piccies of what I'm listening to. Also, in case you feel the urge to catalogue your CD collection, have a look at musicbrainz; it's a bit like librarything, but specifically for recorded music.

So, coming up is the first post in my online music diary! Apologies for the layout of the entry; I've never uploaded a photo to my blog before, and having got it in the wrong place, I then couldn't work out how to move it, so, I'm afraid it stays in the wrong place, but I'll try and get it right in future diary entries!

If you want to join me, let me know and we can follow each other's blogs! I think it might be quite interesting to hear about the music that people enjoy listening to, in the style of "If you've heard that, you might enjoy listening to this!"

On the other hand, I could be totally wrong!!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment