Sunday 29 April 2012

Recommendations for week 1


In my quest to listen to every CD in my collection, I’ve been blogging about what I’ve been listening to, and I’ve also asked friends for their recommendations!

So, the ones I’ve listened to so far are as follows:

  1. Messiaen – Turangalila Symphony
  2. Handel – The Messiah
  3. Walton – Façade Suite
  4. Saint-Saens – Cello Concerto no.1
  5. Mozart – Symphony no.38
  6. Beethoven – Symphony no.6 (Pastoral)
  7. Strauss – Till Eulenspiegel
If you like the above, the suggestions from my friends of things you might also like are these:

  1. Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade
  2. Saint-Saens – Carnival of the Animals
  3. Karl Jenkins – The Armed Man
  4. Andrew Lloyd Webber – Variations
  5. Faure – Requiem
  6. Schoenberg – Gurrelieder
  7. Vaughan Williams – London Symphony
  8. Resphigi – Roman Festivals
 Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment